Join us at the QIJAIYUAN DIPLOMATIC COMPOUND (DRC) – Just west of the Silk Market, and just east of Mississippi, Grandma’s Kitchen and Steak and Eggs on Jianguomenwai
100 rmb including all food and drink.
- Home-grinded Andouille and Italian sausages, along with the the all important grilled peppers and onions
- Big hotdogs and chili dogs – with homemade Carolina chili for the dawgs
- 1/4lb Cheeseburgers with all the fixin’s (sliced tomatoes, onions and iceberg lettuce)
- Jolly Green Nob is bringing his not-to-be-missed Chili
- Southern coleslaw (a must)
- Creamy potato salad – wouldn’t be the same without it
- American macaroni salad
- Beautiful grilled sweet yellow corn
- Condiments – mayo, ketchup, mustard, relish, tobasco, chopped onions, sauerkraut – bring what you picnic lovers desire
- Vodka jello shots – should be lots of red tongues and lips
- Lots of cold beer
Kick-off is set for around 2pm until about 9-10pm.
As always, should have plenty of room on the grill if anyone would like to bring pandas, steaks, lamb, seafood, vegetables or whatever turns you on….
And if you have a fruit fetish or favorite salad you’d like to share, bring it on….
There’s a food shop and a proper cafe (Flat White) next to the cookout area with Western toilets…so no worries of running out of liquids (good wine selection) or supplies, or dreading Chinese toilets.
Blankets, hammocks and sheets are recommended for on the grass, as well as folding chairs (there will be few chairs, if any, available). There will be some shade trees, but would recommend a ‘beach umbrella’ if you’re sun-sensitive. Very pet friendly. And child friendly. Mosquitos might come out at dusk.
Will have a small amplifier…iPod friendly.
Musicians very welcome to bring their harp, trombones, fiddles, banjo’s, harmonicas, guitars, bongos, flutes and tubas….
If Pretty Woman hasn’t spoken with you already, many thanks to rsvp (with the number of your guests, pls not too many or bring more food and booze!) so we have a fair guess of the number of mouths to feed.
Frisbees, footballs, chainsaws and belly dancers all welcome….there’s a tennis court as well..bring your racquets!
Cockarazzi and Pretty Woman