It’s gonna be a beauty!
Sunday, 3rd October
08:30 for a 09:00 start (sorry to all those fat lazy bastards again)
7-Eleven Store, near the West Gate of Chaoyang Park.
we have a few options identified, consultation with the masses will take place on the day
just under 30km … (not the 50km trail announced at city hash last week)
forecast is for rain, maximum temperature 200C, so wear/bring suitable clothing. If it’s just light rain, we’ll risk it, if it’s pissing down, we won’t ride …. but we could still meet for breakfast and drink our disappointment away …..
Just a few details:
- No fee
- A-B trail
- Public bikes should be ok.
- Don’t forget, this is a pay-as-you-go group – so whatever refreshments/snacks you want along the way, it’s buy or bring yourself
- This is not a kid- or dog-friendly activity, so leave them at home
Important safety matters:
- If you’re riding your own bike, don’t forget a small repair kit
- Also some basic first aid stuff
- Consider wearing a helmet
- Consider (but not too seriously) not drinking beer on-trail
- Seriously consider taking out accident insurance if you don’t already have health insurance … Red Snatcher has found a very affordable one – it’s rmb1.6 per person and it gives you coverage for seven days (you can also choose 30 days or 365 days coverage). Each person is responsible to do this themselves AND WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND IT.
Details posted in the Bike Hash WeChat group. Check out the site for details and to purchase it. Make sure you do it in plenty of time. (non-Chinese speakers will need to ask a Chinese-speaking hasher for help.)